The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Emergency Management Agency FEMA advises:
1. Never use car stickers that give away where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job.
2. Never share pictures of your kids in their school uniforms or badges. Protect your kids!
3. When you attend parties, don’t let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like no man’s business, use an envelope. FEMA advises.
4. Don’t be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals. You don’t need excess money in your wallet to feel like a man.
5. Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS…you really can memorize your bank balance. Shred ur POS/ATM receipts.
6. Don’t go jogging while it’s dark, you really should be smarter than that. If you can, get some trusted company.
7. Always lock your doors, even if you’re only going out to switch off your generator.
8. As a security notice, DON’T WEAR YOUR ID outside your workplace. No one needs to know where you work.
9. Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point.
10. As much as you can, don’t send kids alone on an errand outside your house, they are soft targets.
11. Don’t try to show you are the richest in the neighbourhood by making large donations in your estate meetings, learn modesty.
12. When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say “I can’t spare that amount now”.
13. Don’t stay late in your office long after closing hours. That deadline work can be done at home.
14. Make safety the number one factor in your decision always!
15. Mind what you post about yourself on social media.
Protect you as you also apply discretion. KIDNAPPING IS ON THE RISE- BE CAUTIOUS!
Do you have an important article or story you want to share? Is it under topics covering family life, parenting, and relationship? Then kindly forward your request via email@example.com for vetting and consideration.
Share this with loved ones and help to keep them safe.
#FEMA #safety #security